Wednesday, December 2, 2009

final blog on my lesson

Over all I feel our lesson went very well. We took a great deal of time preparing for this lesson. The first time we met up to prep for our lesson we spent about an hour and a half just making a seating chart that we thought would be best considering each students individual behavior. In our preparation we also came up with a rewards system as well as discussed all the activities that we would do through out the lesson. Our objective was that students would be able to recall, recognize, and know how to spell four of the animal names that where in the story. In order to meet our objective we assessed each student by having them come up the smart board to and write an animals name from the book. We also played a matching game where students had to match animal pictures to the correct spelling. Finally, we had each student write at least four sentences using four different animal names from the story.

We did a fairly good job sticking to our lesson plan. We completed every task we wanted to and even had the chance to do a few extra smart board activities. For example, it was not in our lesson to have students write their sentences on the smart board but I feel it enhanced the lesson in a positive way. The most important thing I tried to teach the students was that team work is important; this is why everything the students did was done in pairs or teams. I feel that this went very well especially when it came down to the reward system because one person could not receive points if his or her partner was misbehaved. My students taught me that how each student learns at their own pace and it is important to be patient. I don’t think I would have done anything differently, the lesson went very smoothly and we completed the entire task and more. However, one thing I feel I need to work on is discipline and being a little stricter. Also, learning not to give students the option of saying no.

No comments:

Post a Comment