Wednesday, December 2, 2009

reflection on classmates lesson

There were many great lessons this semester. There were many lessons that I myself may mock in my future classroom. One of my favorite lessons was Craig and Kyle's lesson. Down by the bay is one of my favorite story books. I actually did a unit on this book in a different class. There are so many activities that go great with this book. I really enjoyed that they had the class sing along to book. It was a great idea to give the students the lyrics to the song. This is also a great way to get the students to read along. A good idea might have been to review the lyrics before singing the song this would be a good strategy for younger children.

In Alejandra's lesson I loved the activity with the mixing of the colors. I thought it was a great idea that one teacher was doing the messy activity while the other teacher was working with the rest of the class. I feel it was very important that the students kept busy while other were working at the front of the room. The reward and punishment system with the jar was also a great idea. I think that it would have been more effective if perhaps the teachers had let the students fill each jar on their own this way the students were more aware of the reward as well as the punishment. Over all it was a great lesson and I would probably use a similar lesson in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment